Montag, 1. Dezember 2008

I'm not dead.

Hello!

I've been told I have to write in the blog again, so here I am to fulfill people's wish. Sorry for the total lack of writing anything, I was just getting all pissed off at blogging. But here I am to give it another go. The fact that my laptop has randomly decided to stop being able to play DVDs means I have a lot of time to kill. (That's right, I'm STILL not really doing much work.) I've been a bit down and homesick recently, and have thus been watching lots of Ab Fab. But now I can't anymore, coz life despises me. Or maybe just wants me to leave the flat.

But I do! I leave it regularly. Every day in fact. (Actually, that may be true, I think it's been a long time now since I had a day where I didn't actually go out at all.) Since I haven't written in over a month I'm just gonna have to skip over November (which was lovely, thanks) and jump straight to today. I went on a trip to the Finnish embassy with the Finnish class, which was cool. I was feeling a bit shakey after a rather hardcore weekend, but it was still fun having alook around. In a typically smug gesture of Nordic solidarity Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland and Finnland all have their embassies together in a very modern, fabulously stylish complex of little buildings. It's fit. I also chatted a bit with some people in the class, which was nice. I think things are slowly starting to thaw out there, it's just taking a lot of time, and I'm having to put in a LOT of charm. However, and this is gonna sound dreadful, I reckon that what with it being a class of 32 with only 3 boys, of whom I am so the best looking, I should be well placed to make some nice female friends (coz my life is so lacking those!). That may sound harsh, but I'm beginning to realise that I am really rather attractive and fanciable...

TO WOMEN. No good for my love life, but at least if they think I'm cute they're more likely to wanna be friends with me. Is that evil? Maybe, but I don't care. I need to speak more German!

However, the being good-looking only seems to work on girls, since even at gay clubs in one of the gayest cities in the world I am still universally ignored. I'm thinking the presumption that I would acquire a boyfriend during this year is gonna need a rework, which in turn has a pretty serious knock-on effect on my hopes of ever getting one ever in my life. I really have a lot resting on this year. 

Actually the boyfriend situation is a relatively small problem compared to the Big Question. Do I like Berlin? Obv I do like Berlin. I love it. But do I like it enough? Will I come back after my degree? Will I actually try and attempt to have a life abroad? I just don't know. I really don't. And that's a bid deal for me, as it shows how much this whole experience is challenging me. Before getting here I was so naive, so presumptious. I was so definite that I'd bugger off as soon as my degree was done with. But it's really not easy. I also really don't know why I'm so bothered by this question already. I've still got months left to make up my mind. I should probs concentrate more on having fun and less on...whatever that is...

Right, now I'm gonna see if I can get this bloody DVD to play. Hopefully I will be able to. Or I'm not gonna be impressed. I shall leave you with some joy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=444L2Kc4zIg

Sooooo good. It's been a really big hit here (they're from Dresden) and I got the album today. Very impressive. I reckon they could even make it in England, since the album is in English. They're coming to Berlin in a couple of months, maybe I'll see if I can get some people together to go see them.

Aaaanyhoo, good night people. If you're there. If not I feel better for writing this anyway, so that's all good. Ciao!

Keine Kommentare: