Samstag, 6. September 2008

Arm, aber sexy?

Oh shit, I'm poor. Why did I spend over 100€ on a phone, 55€ on a BahnCard and 40€ on a (-n admittedly rather fabulous) jacket without thinking through my finances? That was careless. And I keep eating out. Oh, and I bought all those (admittedly relevant to my dissertation) books in that hypnotically enormous bookstore! Shit. No wonder I have no bloody money! Stupid city life eating my finances.

So, I now have about £150 to live on for the next 20 days. Very doable of course, but totally puts paid (ho ho) to my idea of a month spent perusing museums and browsing chic boutiques. It also brings into question my current project: buying a hatstand. I really want one. No, need one. The wardrobe is already full because coats are big, and the room will look so complete once it's here. And this defo means buying a sofa bed is gonna have to wait. Thankfully it turns out that I can keep the mattress on my floor. This is now my bed. (And if I say so myself, it actually looks rather splendid when combined with the charaming Syrian rug I'm using as a bedspread.)

Oh darn, stupid money. I am really most peeved. And above all, stupid bloody Ipswich for hating students. If only I'd had a job this summer I'd be totally fine. I really thought I was gonna have enough to live on here, but it seems that this summer of unemployment is going to have repurcusions for a looooong time.  Stupid disgusting Ipswich. How dare it do this to me.

And the worst thing (well, apart from the fact almost my entire loan has gone on paying my Mum back the £1000 I had to borrow to move out here *glares at Ipswich again*) is that as soon as I get my 600€ next month I have to spend 270€ on rent and 250€ on Uni fees. So that leaves 80€. Shit. Never mind, I get my nice fat wad of moving expenses towards the end of Oktober. Then I should be able to exist slightly more. And once I'm settled in at Uni, I shall attempt to find a job.

Then all will be well. And I will be happy.

Right, another mug of fennel tea.

Bryn
xxxx

Keine Kommentare: