Freitag, 5. September 2008

Hallo alle!

Right then, I promised I was going to start a blog to keep people up to date on life in best city in the world.

And here it is.

It's been a while since I've done this, but since I'm deeply self-obsessed and doing something rather interesting, I suspect I'll get back into it soon enough! I can't really make any promises or predictions about what it will be like or how often I'll post. The nature of blogging means you'll probably just get a few random anecdotes and a lot of musing, with no real clarity as to what my life is really like or how a day tends to pan out. If you're hoping for a timed and dated list of things what I have done then I suggest you hire a private detective to follow me. Or even better get the hell off your arse, turn off the computer and come out here to stalk me yourself. Just make sure to buy a transport pass, as I get a lot of trams and trains...

Anyhoo, shall I actually say something about what I've been up too since arriving here, still rather hung over from a fabulous farewell party, at 1000 German time on Sunday? (Yes, I had got up at 0330 in Ipswich to go into town to get the coach to Stansted. Fun.) 

Hmm, dunno what to say really. Already so many little things have happened to make me feel at home here. The flatmates being nice. The amazing location with trams and an U-Bahn-Station. The day of feeling lonely when I took myself of for a walk in the palk and then felt a bit better, and then went out for a Guinness with Lisa and felt much better. The fabulous trip to Ikea with Catherine, complete with rain-sodden walk alongside a motorway clutching some flatpack shelving. Seeing naked people from my window (the building where I live is mainly gym and the men's showers sometimes have the window open...). My huge ingenuity creating a wardrobecurtain with a fleece throw and some packing string. Oh, so many memories already! 

I guess at this early stage the best thing to say is that I love it. Fear not for me! It's weird. I was expecting to feel very abroad, but I don't. What I do feel is very in a city, which is proving a big change from life in Ipswich/Cambridge. A good change. There's just so many people! I can wait to get to know some of them and start making memories...

It's gonna be a great year. I'll keep you posted.

Bryn
xxxx

P.S I'll put up some photos of the flat soon, so that you can be amazed at how fabulous it is. For those who know Berlin, I'm living here:

Torstraße ###, 10119, Berlin

P.P.S For those who don't know Berlin, that's a really good location.

P.P.P.S You should be able to subscribe to this as an RSS feed, meaning that you won't have to keep coming back and checking, everytime I write something new it'll just pop up and say hello.

Keine Kommentare: