Donnerstag, 18. September 2008

It's getting hard to think of titles for these things...

Hello all! (If anyone is actually reading...which I can't tell. If you are, please comment sometimes so I feel less like I'm cybertalking to myself. I can, and do, talk to myself perfectly well in several languages without the use of the internet.)

I have changed my mind about what degree to do. It has now become perfectly obvious to me that I simply must study Skandinavistik/Nord-Europa Studien. You get to do two languages: one of Swedish/Danish/Norwegian, and one of Finnish/Icelandic, as well as stuff about the Culture and Politics and shit of Scandinavia. Sounds well fit. And alongside I could still do a few hours of Sozialwissenschaften every week as a Beifach. Since I'd only be doing the first year of it, it's overwhelmingly language work. Yay! New languages make me happy. And FINNISH! Fit. That way I could do Finnish at uni, try and find someway to actually get half decent at Hungarian and then do a fourth year dissertation on Uralic languages. Plan? Plan.

I am also happy to annouce that I received post today. This makes me feel very at home here. even better the post was a BanhCard and a fabulous photo collage from Claire. These both make me happy as friends and trains are both very special to me. :-) All I'm waiting for now is my stupid German Sim-Karte from bloodyrubbish Simyo. Despite ordering it over two weeks ago it had still not turned up, and then yesterday I get an email saying it had been returned due to an incorrect address. Fools. The Handy I ordered on the same day got here just fine. AGES ago. Humph.

As a final thing of note: I stayed up all night! Drinking! But mainly being OUT. As in in a place that's not my flat, not as in being gay. I find this very exciting. To have been in a bar until gone seven makes me feel very much like a city-resident. Especially as it was a Tuesday night. That worst of nights. I'm so hardcore.

Anyhoo, comment people! Otherwise I'll hang myself.

Love you!

Bryn
xxxx

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I'm reading! And yay Finnish! Finnish is the best, as indeed is Finland.

I'm glad you're having a great time, I hope it gets even more exciting and fantastic in the not too distant future!

Ooh I want to send you something now...but what!?

AmericanAlice hat gesagt…

I'm reading! But every now and then so I end up reading big chunks of your life at once rather than little updates (I don't know how to get that pop up thing yet...)

What's your address? Did you write it somewhere? I have a feeling you did but I don't know where.

I love you're blogs, it sounds amazing and so perfectly you! Although I don't know how you have time to, I have NO time here, they keep up busy all day and by night (I mean about 9 pm) I am so exhausted/ jet lagged that I have to go to bed!

I am reading though, you're not talking to yourself! xxx