Freitag, 12. September 2008

Expat life

I have accidentally turned into an expat. Oops. I have seen lots of English people over the past few days. And am about to go see another.

I feel very culturally inauthentic.

Cue linguist-angst.

In fact, when I was with said English people the other day at the Kulturbrauerei (old beer factory that's been turned into trendy melange of bars, clubs, theatres, cinemas etc...) I met someone who'd been TO MY SCHOOL. (As a pupil, not a visitor.)

Like, wtf.

Anyhoo, I am soon going to begin a process of rebecoming German, as I now have a student Montorin. Her name is Julia, and hopefully she will tell me the following:

a. How university works here, no fucking idea.
b. How I change course, they've given me the wrong one.
c. How I make any friends and thus avoid being a loser/recluse.

Right, I am now going to empty the washing machine. Coz my life is excting like that.

Bryn
xxxx

P.S. I was cultured yesterday! I went to the official wall memorial, very sad, and then two galleries! They're free on Thursday evenings. I was actually only meant to go to one, but got to see the outside of another because I went to the wrong one...down the other end of the city. Oops. What japes!

Keine Kommentare: