Samstag, 13. September 2008

Biccies and Piccies

My mouth is sore. :-(

Because I went to LIDL and bought loads of biscuits!!! :-)

After my disappointment at the rubbishness of the nearest Aldi compared to my one in Ipswich, I went of on a hunt for a LIDL. And it was fabulous. I love LIDL. As well as the biscuits (99 cents for a 500g bag, bargainasm!) I bought MORE potato salad, and some salami, and some funny little Frikadellen things with cheese in the middle. Yum.

Even more interestingly, on the way to LIDL I got kinda lost, a nd thus got a nice walk around Friedrichshain, which is hardcore communist. Some of the buildings are really nice (if you like communist architecture, which I kinda do) and some of them are well scuzzy. But it all felt suitably commi. I also kinda forget that most of the city and all of the area around it were actually in the DDR, and that the DDR was communist and kinda nasty. It just doesn't seem to tally with my idea of Germany as really western and Berlin as really liberal.

Hmm. *muses*

Bryn
xxxx

P.S. Here are some photos of my flat, finally:









Keine Kommentare: