Sonntag, 28. September 2008

Farewell!

Hi peeps! (I've decided to act as though lots of people are reading even though I suspect the numbers are slight.)

This is basically just a quick hello to say that all is well. I'm missing the homeland, well the few people I care about in it. I don't miss England as such at all. However, despite the slight Heimweh I am still loving Berlin. Am feeling much more at home now, and very excited about the start of uni.

More importantly, I'm off to Wannsee for the Studienkolleg Introductionweek tomorrow! Wahoo! A week of Europe. Funtimes. And after much pondering I've finally come up with an idea for a research project...

The Schengen accord: Open Borders?
A comparison of reactions to the Schengen Agreement on the intra-EU Vienna-Bratislava route (now border-free after years of cold war) and the Ljubljana-Zagreb route (now with a militarily monitored border after years as part of Yugoslavia).

Fit, hein? Hopefully some others will agree and join my group. Although I won't be that bothered if it doesn't klappen, so long as I can go to the Balkans at some point. It's all about the Balkans.

Anyhoo, I'll start to post again once I get back. Hope you're all topfit!

Bryn
xxxx

Keine Kommentare: